Monday, February 27, 2012

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Life has been so busy the past few weeks.  I feel like I've just been shuffling my children from one thing to the next, putting them to bed, and then starting all over the next day.  Last Friday we had a snow day and even my husband was home from work.  We had an entire day to relax and have fun together.  I noticed that my children's behavior problems and bickering lessened dramatically.  It is so hard for me to just slow down.  So in an effort to extend our fun, relaxed weekend, today I promised my children we would make cookies and watch a movie together after our schoolwork was finished. We did a little cookie experimenting and these turned out just great! 

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

5 1/2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cup of coconut oil warmed to liquid
2 eggs
3/4 cup of honey
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Stir almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.  Beat coconut oil, eggs, honey, and vanilla in a medium bowl.  Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Place on parchment paper in heaping tablespoons.  If dough is sticking, refrigerate for 15 minutes until it becomes firmer.  Bake for 7-10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment